"I will praise the one who's chosen me, to carry you"
-Selah: I will carry you

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Bertie


A year ago today our son gave us the surprise of our lives by arriving 14 weeks early, after just 3 hours of labour and an emergency section due to being footling breech.  He weighed just 2lb 3oz but was perfect.  He put up such a brave fight and gave us two wonderful days of memories.

This is not how I envisaged wishing happy birthday to you my gorgeous boy. Know that we love you very much and miss you today and every day.


1st Birthday in Heaven

Birthday celebrations today have begun
For you, I am sure, because you’ve turned one
I guess that a year, in eternity, is no time at all
That amongst forever, a year seems so small
But down here it’s significant, a long time you see
To be living each day without you here with me.
I wonder at how your face would have changed,
By what sort of hair would your features be framed?
One thing I know, your daddy’s eyes
I can picture them still, as I gaze at the skies
A year has passed, sweetheart, I miss you still,
Nothing could ever replace you, no one ever will
No longer my baby, but always my son,
Growing up fast, yet not growing at all, 
as in Heaven you turn one.
















No comments:

Post a Comment