"I will praise the one who's chosen me, to carry you"
-Selah: I will carry you

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Child of mine

Child of my heart
Perfect, precious, tiny
You took my breath away
Those precious hours then
          gone too soon.

Memories of that moment
Our first embrace and our last
Mine to hold but not to have
In too short a time
          your last breath

Gone forever but always here
Your whispers in the trees, chimes
At your forever bed.
Silent tears as I remember
          That day.

Child of my heart
My beautiful son
Never ending yearning
          To hold you again

Child of my dreams
Will you come true?
Will I hold you and sing "at last"?
Your song I already know
          I'll whisper the words to you.

Will I watch you grow, and play?
More than just dreams
Not just wild imaginings
Can my heart be healed by your laughter?
          "Mummy" the sweetest sound.

Child of my heart
And child of my dreams
Both to hold my love, only one to hold my hand
I pray,
          Let it be.

One day a mother?
Already a mother at heart
In love.



No comments:

Post a Comment