"I will praise the one who's chosen me, to carry you"
-Selah: I will carry you

Monday 14 May 2012

Tesco: my nemisis

It's amazing how many little things became hard when you're an angel mum. It affects everything, absolutely everything you do. I mean, there are the obvious difficult things, like family days out, big events, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. but actually, the little stuff can be hard too.

Pretty much everyone who knows me knows I am not a fan of the weekly shop! I hate it, it's the worst chore on the list, but just lately, it's been more than that. When I go to Tesco, I feel anxious, sad, stressed, I usually want to cry. It's like a weekly torture for me. Why? I just noticed the pattern tonight, how I always feel anxious and uneasy at tesco, how my mood drops significantly when I step foot in the place. And I think I have realised why. It's humdrum. It's one of the things I should be doing with Robert in tow, probably crying and stressing me out for all the right reasons! Maybe the sight of all the other families doesn't help, nor the racks of baby clothes positioned so that I seem to notice them no matter how hard I try not to. Or the item I desperately need that means I have to pass the baby aisles. Or the big baby and toddler club sign at the back of the shop......

How does a seemingly competent, independent woman suddenly become afraid of the supermarket? And more importantly, how does she overcome it?

No comments:

Post a Comment