"I will praise the one who's chosen me, to carry you"
-Selah: I will carry you

Saturday 30 March 2013

"Sometimes the sadness is overwhelming...and yet somehow I'm still standing"


People keep on asking me to think positive......don't they understand that it takes all my energy just to cope?

When I've fallen off the top of the mountain yet again, when I get up just to discover yet another hurdle in my path, when it makes me question if God really wants me to be a mother again, when I have to try and cross it, whilst wearing my mask, building up my walls, growing a thicker skin, and rehearsing what I can and can't say in different situations......I have no power left for positivity.

I will think positively....when something positive happens.  I look forward to rediscovering the optimist I used to be before my life fell apart.


1 comment:

  1. Entirely reasonable, Bertie's Mum. Some people get it so very wrong, don't they? When they need to stand with you where you are, they start bleating on about "but at least blah blah" or "but you are getting through it okay, aren't you?". NO-NO-NO. Sigh. I hate chirpy optimism where it is simply unwarranted.

    ReplyDelete