"I will praise the one who's chosen me, to carry you"
-Selah: I will carry you

Sunday 14 February 2016

I don't belong here...

Yesterday we had our first meeting with out high-risk consultant. She was very reassuring and lovely, and set out a sensible plan for this pregnancy that we are happy with. Great!

Waiting in the waiting room though, I was full of conflicting emotions. The information-gatherer in me wanted to get up and collect every leaflet, read every poster they had on display.  I like information. Forewarned is fore-armed. I'm a huge planner! However, at the same time the bereaved mum and infertile woman in me were saying, no, don't read anything. Don't you dare go pick up that leaflet. You don't belong here! This is all going to end soon and don't you let yourself believe it won't.

I didn't pick up or read anything.

I keep thinking, maybe after the next scan, maybe then I'll relax. But, I said that after the first scan.  I did relax after the first scan...for about a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment