"I will praise the one who's chosen me, to carry you"
-Selah: I will carry you

Sunday 5 June 2016

The longest I've been pregnant.

4th June
I have just realised that we are past time time that Bertie was born, he was 40 mins old by this point.  After a little mental celebration, I just burst into tears! Why? I don't know. I think a mix of sadness for him, relief at being still pregnant and fear for how much longer I will be -all mixed up with a sleepless night becuase I was so terrified I would start contracting and sleep through it!

We are by no means out of the woods. I am still scared. I wish it could have been different for my first son. I wish he were at home today driving his dad crazy missing me as much as I miss him right now.

I'll update more tomorrow.

....................................

5th June
Well here we are at.....(drum roll please!)


So yesterday ended up being quite an emotional day, with all sorts of feelings mixed up in a messy soup with homesickness added in for a bit of spice. Today I feel better. It's amazing what a good night's sleep and clean sheets can do to boost your morale!

So from now on, everything is new. I have never experienced being this pregnant before, so I cannot compare how I feel to last time. That's probably a good thing. Bring on the third trimester! Since I am mostly supine, I am hoping to avoid cankles and piles....but will embrace stretch marks if they come as a sign that Grub is growing.  Speaking of growing, I'd better get on with knitting a bigger prem sized hat for them as the last one I did was at 24 weeks and would likely be too small now-hurrah!

Here are my knitting efforts so far (still waiting for delivery of buttons for cardi, but at least it is no longer a tank top!


No comments:

Post a Comment