"I will praise the one who's chosen me, to carry you"
-Selah: I will carry you

Wednesday 1 June 2016

The Chronicles of Bed Rest:Day 12

So I have now been admitted to hospital. My cervix is down to 0.7cm on average. It is too late to intervene surgically so we just have to wait. I am not entirely suprised, I saw this coming weeks ago. I feel a little cross that they decided to go with the wait and see approach, but I did agree to it as the reasoning made sense at the time. Of course, hindsight is 20:20.

So, the plan is strict bed rest until either I deliver, or 32 weeks, whichever comes first. If I get to 32 weeks they *may* let me go home. It seems an impossible target right now, so I am sticking to my own goal of 30 weeks, which is four weeks today. I have already made a preemie hat, and am working on a cardigan. Of course, if born now Grub wouldn't be able to wear the cardigan, but it gives me a thing to do and makes me feel better to know that they will have an outfit...if it comes to dressing them forever. They can use the hat anyway :) as the weeks go on if I am still pregnant I will make slightly bigger ones.

I have my wrist band, no ankle tag just yet ;) I have asked a friend to find me a little calendar so I can tick off the days. Thought I may get told off for doing tallys on the walls!

Of course, first morning here and I have already made a boob! The midwife told me yesterday I was fine to go for loo breaks, showers and to the dining room down the corridor to have my meals. So I wandered down for breakfast just to find when I asked where I should leave my used tray, they were planning to bring all my meals to me "becuase you're on bed rest!" Oops. So that's another priveledge gone :/. Of course I will do whatever it takes to get this baby home alive and if that means breakfast lunch and dinner in bed, so be it! At least it isn't sunny today :)

Feelings are mixed. There is so much prayer, which really is helping. I am trying to focus on the positives. They have given me the steroids, and are aware of the situation, and I am here. All putting Grub in a better position than Bertie. However, I am still just 26 weeks, and even with the steroids, the risks are high. Pregnancy is supposed to last 40 weeks for a reason! They do appear to have done something though, Grub was pounding away like Popeye all night long and is at it again now!

I am glad on the one hand we went away last weekend and got some photos and memories. On the other I am questioning whether I should have been stricter with my rest at home.  Again, hindsight is 20:20 and at that time things were stable.

I am now waiting for Dr ward round where hopefully I may be given a better idea of my chances of getting to 30 weeks. I am expecting the "if only we had a crystal ball" speech, but need to ask the question.

Fortunately, hubby is off this week so he is able to come in regularly for the next few days to keep me company and bring things I need to make the stay more comfortable and bearable. Besides knitting I expect I'll do some professional development, and I wonder how God will use this time with me? I certainly am not too busy for Him now am I?

I already miss home, hubby and cat. but I am still pregnant, and right now that is the most important thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment